LiAntichess World Cup (LAWC 2023) is an official AIF sponsored tournament.
The tournament format consists of four stages:
- Qualification: an 8 rounds Swiss tournament between all the participants. The top twelve players on the final rankings will advance to the next stage.
- Candidates: a double round-robin tournament, divided in two pools.
- Semifinals: a 10 games match between the winners of each candidate pools against the second place player from the opposite pool.
- Finals: a 12 game between the semifinal winners. A 12 games match will determine third and fourth places.
The games are played on Lichess with a time control if 1+2.
The complete rules can be read here.
- 1st place: 135 USD (sponsor @bwmtone)
- 2nd place: 30 USD (sponsor @bwmtone)
- 3rd place: 25 USD (sponsor @bwmtone)
- 4th place: 10 USD (sponsor @bwmtone)
Many thanks to the sponsors of this tournament!